1.16.2012

16 : first dinner

Seared Ahi...yum!
I used to love to cook. When I was younger I had a huge binder full of recipes and when my dad would come home, dinner would be started. When I lived with my long-time boyfriend, I cooked more chicken breasts than I want to admit (it was his favorite). But after the break-up, cooking for one just wasn't fun. It seemed like a headache and a hassle not to have someone to share it with. Sure, I cook occasionally, but not like I used to.

Luckily a trip to Whole Foods snapped me out of my funk, and for the first time since I lived in my new place (all of 2 weeks), I cooked myself an actual dinner. Nothing frozen or microwaved. And while it still is nice when there's someone to share it with, cooking whatever I want, not do the dishes right away, eating in front of the tv, and drinking a glass of wine with dinner, is pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment